Air Purifier Right for the Situation?

Started by NoviceSupportiveHosting, January 27, 2018, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Hello, I am in the situation of moving out of a condo that houses a "dedicated" HVAC into a apartment complex that obviously offers centralized HVAC. Which concerns me because that means I will be "sharing" the air that I breathe with at least 19 or so other residents. So I thought why don't minimize the risks of such buying a heavy duty air purifier?

Here are the two models that I am looking at...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EUAHOG/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I29QS40EGQOJKH&colid=21PO3OA0IVXXB&psc=0
and...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WJPK5H/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I33YSNUAHSZZON&colid=21PO3OA0IVXXB&psc=1

If you were in such situation which one would you shoot for to majorly reduce the "bacteria and virus sharing" issue of living in a complex?

Or do you have any better recommendations that can cleanse 700Sqft at least 4 times per hour at no more than $400 upfront cost?

Thanks in advance!

spidy

It seems that both of these are 'in room " units so any thing that comes into your room will possibly circulate BEFORE the unit can filter it.

Is it possible to find a filter unit that fits over your air outlet and so filters BEFORE anything gets into your residence?

It maybe worthwhile looking at commercial units to see if they have any.

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Quote from: "spidy, post: 4177, member: 268"It seems that both of these are 'in room " units so any thing that comes into your room will possibly circulate BEFORE the unit can filter it.

That is correct which is why I am assuming they recommend the 4+ times per hour circulation rate.  

Quote from: "spidy, post: 4177, member: 268"Is it possible to find a filter unit that fits over your air outlet and so filters BEFORE anything gets into your residence?

I don't even know if those are even a thing, how to even spec one of those out to ensure they will even fit over each register if they are, and would wonder if they are feasible to have given that registers can be anywhere (on the ceiling, on the ground, on the side down very low, etc).

spidy

It may be worth while to ask someone who deals in air purifiers and see what they recommend.

You may be able to put the purifier close to the outlet to help it purify before it circulates around the room?  Or a tube from the outlet to your unit?

Allan

I do think that getting one is a smart choice, but as [USER=268]@spidy[/USER] stated talk to someone that knows a little more about them.

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Quote from: "spidy, post: 4179, member: 268"It may be worth while to ask someone who deals in air purifiers and see what they recommend.

Interesting... I don't see why I can't ask a few air purifier dealers questions about them and then see where that gets me.

Quote from: "Allan, post: 4180, member: 1"I do think that getting one is a smart choice, but as [USER=268]@spidy[/USER] stated talk to someone that knows a little more about them.

Thank you I agree at this point that it worth talking to them at least.