Managing on a Phone?

Started by Allan, February 14, 2015, 10:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

I never got into the smartphones but was wondering how many use them to manage your sites?

Jordan Smith

I've used Wordpress on my phone before! Hated it so I decided I would stick to a tablet or a laptop! Phones are just to small to sit there and type out things! Well thats my 2p anyway.

I prefer a keyboard and mouse or a trackpad!
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

rn-bryan

A phone is great to help in emergencies if you have 3g/4g. You can log in remotely at anytime anywhere and resolve issues as required. I wouldn't recommend doing it for everyday stuff as Jordan said, they're just to small to sit there and type out things for any extended period of time.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

Allan

I agree with you on there, I have used my phone to get back to clients if I am out or at work. That is about the extent of what I do though.

Allan

The other day was the first time I had to use my phone to access the WHM for something, it was weird doing it on phone.

Jordan Smith

Thats why I have a WHM app on my phone so I don't have to login via my browser!
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

meetdilip

Allan

Travels

It depends on the website. Some pages can be managed via phone, because of their mobile versions, but page, which does not have a mobile version is a nightmare to be managed.

Allan

Non mobile versions of websites are a pain when on a phone, I agree with that.

Travels

Furthermore, google indexes the websites with non mobile version with very low rating since 20th April

meetdilip

Visiting host hunters for the first time from mobile. Great work [USER=1]@Allan[/USER] :thumbsup:

cwvps

Phones are okay only to check on everything, especially social media accounts. I really couldn't manage a website from a phone, because it's too, too small for that.
Get A Cheap Windows VPS/RDP at CheapWindowsVPS

Allan

Quote from: "cwvps, post: 2061, member: 190"Phones are okay only to check on everything, especially social media accounts. I really couldn't manage a website from a phone, because it's too, too small for that.

That is the problem I have, the screens are just too small.

rn-bryan

I'm fixing to buy one of those tablet / laptops for management when I'm away from the office.

The phone is definitely too small to be trying to type out too many ssh stuff all the time.

Maybe an Acer Switch tablet/laptop 2 in 1

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!