VestaCP

Started by Allan, January 12, 2014, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Was looking around today at panel and ran across this one. Does or has anyone tried  VestaCP  yet?

Allan

Installed this over the weekend and this site is running on it, I have to say that I like it alot, I did have to edit the file sizes in the php.ini file to allow the Database import. Other than that it worked great, and FTP is easy to setup.

Sam

Quote from: "Allan, post: 754, member: 1"Installed this over the weekend and this site is running on it, I have to say that I like it alot, I did have to edit the file sizes in the php.ini file to allow the Database import. Other than that it worked great, and FTP is easy to setup.

Urgh. Editing files in SSH is a real pain. What sort of memory use were you getting after the base install?
[align=left]holderhost.com:frantic:
USA Cloud SSD cPanel Hosting • Affordable. Reliable. Fast.
Shared • Reseller • VPS Solutions
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Allan

I edit them on my pc and then ftp them back to the server. As for the memory it's not bad, with this site and vestacp I have less then 1 gb used.

Jordan Smith

I have used VestaCP before I liked it, I had about 6 websites on it which got a good amount of traffic each month and it was running under 1.5GB of memory which was good, thats was setup on a RackSpace Cloud with SSD!
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Allan

Out of all the panels  I thought it as the easiest to install and use.

Jordan Smith

I didn't install it, RackSpace have a deployment image and I used that, but everything else I found easy to use!
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Allan

Install it was basically 2 command lines and done.

Jordan Smith

Oh great, how long did it take to install? And I'm too lazy I clicked a button and it was done haha!

Allan

No more then about 4 to 5 minutes, it's basically waiting for the software to install.

Jordan Smith

Well thats alot better then cPanel that normally takes between 30-60 minutes!

Allan

I never had the chance to install cpanel but that seems like a very long time.

Jordan Smith

Yeah lots of things to install, but if you have SSD sometimes you can get it to install quicker!

Allan

Thing I liked about vestacp was the easy install.

Ramkumar

i don't like the name and cpanel is my best