How Much Does the SSL Certificate Cost?

Started by tk-hassan, March 15, 2021, 02:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk-hassan

Are you a web developer or business owner looking to find out just how much you will be paying for SSL certificates? Right off the bat, it is impossible to give an exact price because the SSL Certificate cost varies according to a number of different factors. For example, how many sites are you developing with SSL? How many different types of websites are you developing? What type of budget are you working with?

The bottom line on what is the price of SSL Certificates? It is absolutely dependent upon what you need the certificate for. If you have just one site and you don't plan to offer any services or applications that require SSL security, then you should not pay for a yearlong SSL certificate. These types of certificates are actually free for most websites that only accept visitors who enter their details via text messages or secure connection and password systems such as PayPal and Java.

Full Article Source: https://www.temok.com/blog/how-much-does-ssl-certificate-cost/

Lammchen

My host gave me SSL for free so that was a relief because I didn't want to pay extra for my forum that is more like a hobby for me.

Allan

Most hosts that have cpanel accounts get a plugin called Let's Encrypt which puts a free SSL on an account.