Live Chat

Started by Allan, July 01, 2014, 03:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Do you think that live chat is a necessity for hosting companies?

Ramkumar

Yes, If you are available for 24/7 to help, most customer will happy & trust your company :)

Allan

I agree that it helps with customer support.

Jordan Smith

I would say yes to have a live chat for a web hosting company, mainly sales as I want a quick answer and if I don't get one I normally look else where.
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Allan

I agree with that completely, I know for me I tend to ask a lot of questions that I know the answer too just to test their knowledge.

Jordan Smith

I have done that before, I also like ringing up support testing them too! If they don't pass my simple questions I go to someone else! Simple as haha.
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Allan

I do the same thing, with a support ticket.

Jordan Smith

I do that sometimes but I like to speak to them if they sound like they know what they are on about haha!

Alex - Arvixe

We offer Kayako live chat and have for a while so I'd have to support live chat. It is a stepping stone between tickets/email and phone I think. Though, we do offer all phone, chat and email/tickets so our customers can choose what they prefer.

Jordan Smith

Totally agree with you, I prefer live chat if I want to be lazy and don't want to ring them, but I do like the option of talking to someone at some point.

Allan

Live chat for me brings a personal aspect to a site. You can ask questions and get information without having to wait very long.

Jordan Smith

Depending on the site haha! I have had my fair share of very slow sales people, I am not going to name names but yeah there are a few big companies out there that give slow live chat.

Allan

That is true Jordan, there are very slow large companies.

Jordan

I find having a live chat is essential in today's business standards. If not for support then for at least sales.
[align=center]WebGuruBB - Webmaster Chat Forums | Leading webmasters to online greatness!
[/align]

Allan

I agree, atleast for a hosting company. It allows you to answer questions a guest might have without them leaving the site. Where if you didn't have the live chat I feel they are more likely to move on to another provider.