Windows or Linux Hosting

Started by Allan, October 23, 2014, 07:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

I have always used Linux so I would love to get some incite on windows hosting. I know you can't use cpanel to is Plesk the panel of choice?

Jordan Smith

You can use cPanel's Windows version which is the same thing really! I have never used windows to host a website. I don't really want to try as I know linux too well! :)
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Calvin Christopher

Linux or Windows have always been in the comparison. Most new users prefer Windows for a GUI and remote desktop connection. But Linux provides more secure hosting and is preferred by experienced webmasters.

Shole

I always used Linux so I really can't say much about windows , I'd like to try it out though :D

Allan

I am with you there, I would like to know about it as well.

meetdilip

Never had the need to use a Windows hosting actually.

newBB

I have a GoDaddy Windows hosting. You cannot use Wordpress or other PHP scripts with Windows if you want to have SEO friendly URLs (.htaccess doesn't work on Windows)
IMO, you should only go for Windows if you want to host ASP websites.
Best BigRock Coupon codes. Click to get BigRock Rs. 99 .COM Coupons and save money.

rn-bryan

I use GNU/Linux for pretty much everything but the few things, such as some game servers, that require Microsoft Windows to operate properly.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

john miller

If you're an avid gamer. Stir away from Linux; you won't find all your favorite games for this platform, all the discrete graphics cards and gaming gear are not well supported too. Windows is the only option.

If you're a home user but working remotely (freelancing) and have to deal with complex documents, work on adobe software, or do taxation/auditing/accounting, choose Windows.

If you're a developer and your core area is web development, use Linux. It's very convenient to set up development environment on Linux.

If you're a computer enthusiast interested in knowing how a system works, and you love to tinker the system internals, won't mind investing some time, you'd love to work on Linux. It's a tinkerer's paradise.

If you've never worked on a computer. Use any - Windows or Linux. Keep using Windows or Linux whichever is preinstalled on your system. But if you're planning to buy your first system, go for one without any OS. Then install Linux. You'll feel at home. Learning curve will be smooth.

David Smith

You can use managed VPS Hosting I'm using bodHOST has the cheapest plans that cost you as low as $24.99 per month. This price is indeed unbeatable as it is very cheap for any VPS hosting plan.

bodHOST is bringing you a special Christmas deal offer! With Managed and Reliable Servers and SSD storage, get FLAT 50% OFF on all VPS Hosting Solutions. Use Treat Code: VPS50 to avail of this Christmas deal.

The plan offers a wide range of Linux-based OS systems that include Debian, Ubuntu, and CentOS. However, this is just an introductory price because if you want to have more power you have to increase the payment.

High SSD
NFS Support
100% uptime
Linux and Windows OS
cPanel and Plesk with an extra cost
Intel Xeon Processor