New Hosts

Started by Allan, December 19, 2014, 10:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Do you trust them enough to try them out, or do you think they are a fly by night company and you stay away.

Calvin Christopher

You need to check them out for any reviews and customer feedback in various web hosting forums and review sites. This will ensure much information about their reliability and stability in the market as a new provider.

Allan

I agree with you, checking for reviews is the first thing that I do when looking into a host.

meetdilip

Agree. Not worth taking the risk unless they are reliable.

Allan

But if they are new how do you know if they are reliable or not? ;)

meetdilip

I will look for any past history about the host. I mean the owner. If someone reputed is starting a new one, I may put my faith in

Mayers

I've given a few new providers a shot. Out of the 3 of them, only one shutdown and ran. Sometimes is hard to judge them because they don't have any reviews and I've learned that most of the time people only review a provider when they aren't happy about something. Kinda wish you'd see more good reviews.
High Quality Web Hosting from HostKoi Web Services
Shared - Cloud - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Managed VPS
Visit us today at www.hostkoi.com

Allan

I do agree [USER=48]@Mayers[/USER] that most reviews are not from happy customers. I too would love to see more honest reviews.

meetdilip

Less bad reviews is a good sign then ;)

Sam

I've given new providers a shot and it's been great- for the most part. The things I look for are:

- Low overheads. Unless they're backed by a lot of money they shouldn't really have any employees. It'll just add to their costs.
- Partnership. Being a co-owner, rather than full owner, of a hosting company means that I understand the huge benefit of having more than 1 owner.
- Registered company. If it isn't registered, it's probably a "kiddie host".
- If they resell, they'd better be doing so from a top quality provider.
- A "good" price. Hard to define but not too cheap and not too expensive (otherwise I and others might as well purchase from a more reputable company). When I started holderhost, I sold some shared hosting for $6-$8 / year. It's bad business. A host needs to charge a reasonable amount in order to be able to invest in improving it's product.
- A responsible owner who isn't known for starting and then just closing projects.
[align=left]holderhost.com:frantic:
USA Cloud SSD cPanel Hosting • Affordable. Reliable. Fast.
Shared • Reseller • VPS Solutions
[/align]

[align=center][/align]