Those New TLD's

Started by rn-bryan, September 16, 2014, 12:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rn-bryan

I'm seeing a ton of new TLD's popping up.

I haven't gotten any yet as it seems that many customers still default to using .com

I do have a .co domain and I do experience issues where people tell me my .com isn't loading...

I recall a situation recently where a friend was complaining that he bought a .ninja domain but his Mom was still trying to put .com behind the .ninja and didn't understand that it was just ".ninja" and not ".ninja.com"

What do you think?

Has anyone purchased one of these snazzy new TLD's? Do you like it? Do you experience user issues?

There are hundreds of them looks like, http://www.newtldlist.com/

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

Allan

I haven't yet, I have been waiting for .forum though. Last i checked it was released yet.

meetdilip

Most of them are costly.

Allan

I saw that as well, most are $20 or more.

Jordan Smith

I have seen some for a lot more! But I don't like them I prefer .com or .co.uk, but I don't mind .uk though!

I think all of these new domains are just weird!
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Allan

They are weird I agree, but since .com is running out of names they had to do something.

Jordan Smith

True, but I think it will take a few years before people start to understand how it all works! Sometimes Chrome on a Mac doesn't even no they exist haha! I will type one in and it will think its a google search.
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Allan

That has happened to me in chrome as well.

newBB

I own a .club domain but I don't have have a site on it yet. I'm thinking of starting a niche site on that domain.
I think these new TLDs would lower down the value of single word/double word/LLL/LLLL .com domains.
Best BigRock Coupon codes. Click to get BigRock Rs. 99 .COM Coupons and save money.