Windows 10

Started by Allan, August 11, 2015, 07:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

So I finally upgraded to Windows 10 and I think I like it, wanted to see if anyone else has upgraded yet and how you like it.

meetdilip

Using since Tech Preview.

rn-bryan

My windows 8.1 laptop has a free upgrade on it. I tried for two days and twenty times doing everything I could locate on the internet on how to upgrade and then finally decided to give up and wait a few months and try again then. :)

I've played with windows 10 on the demo tablet/laptop 2 in 1's at the stores and it looks rather nice.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

meetdilip

Some people are on que for upgrade list. There are a few privacy concerns with Windows 10. I am not sure how worrying they are. But it would be beneficial to check them as well.

Allan

At work right now but there it's a way to force the update. I will post a link when I get home. I went bank to Windows 7 only four the reason of some graphic card issues.

meetdilip

unixguru

I've upgraded many of my home PCs some work great, another had an issue with the App Store not working, another an issue with internet access on it's wireless card. Microsoft are releasing patches super quick and all but one PC works perfectly. I can't help but wonder if Windows 7 wasn't really the best!
??  DDoS Protected,  LiteSpeed + LiteMage on CloudLinux with SSD Disks, R1Soft, Softaculous, SIteBuilder, BitNinja, LetsEncypt & Patchman
?? UnixGuru: Accounts with 1-16 CPU Cores, 2-32GB RAM. Why use a VPS?
?? Choose from Shared,  Reseller and Elastic-Sites Hosting

Allan

Quote from: "meetdilip, post: 2104, member: 112"How old is your PC ?
I would say about 4 years old, but I have changed just about everything in the computer. New power supply, graphics cards, and ram.

Quote from: "unixguru, post: 2115, member: 10"I've upgraded many of my home PCs some work great, another had an issue with the App Store not working, another an issue with internet access on it's wireless card. Microsoft are releasing patches super quick and all but one PC works perfectly. I can't help but wonder if Windows 7 wasn't really the best!

The wireless connection is where I had the most problems as well.

cwvps

I don't know, I'm sticking with Windows 7 for now. I'm so used to it.
Get A Cheap Windows VPS/RDP at CheapWindowsVPS

Allan

I was thinking that upgrading to windows 10 again, please someone talk me out of it. :tongue:

rn-bryan

Good luck on your upgrade, again.. I'm looking at new computers. I could build one, I've built so many tho (thousands) I'm sorta sick of it. I've been looking at that HP Envy Phoenix or a CyberPower prebuilt. Definitely going to get Windows 7 Pro on it instead of windows 8 or 10. :p

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

meetdilip

Allan

No not yet still thinking about it :wink:

Allan

Never did get to windows 10, instead I have 8.1. Windows decided to crash so lost everything.

spidy

I gave windows away some time ago due to many problems with it.

I am concerned that MS seems to be pushing the win 10 onto people by any means they can. I have heard reports of crashes when updating to win 10.

Anyone here have experience of upgrading to win 10 successfully or otherwise?