Whmcs or Blesta

Started by Allan, October 20, 2014, 08:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

If you had to pick one which one and why?

Shole

WHMCS 100% , I used them for a longer time and it was epic :D

Allan

They both have pros and cons so at time I think it's a toss up. I think WHMCS has the market share which makes people want to use them.

Licensecart

Blesta *cough* Been with WHMCS from 2008 - 2013 and their software is just a security heaven and anyone using them is just asking for trouble.

I was always on WHT just F5ing some nights just to ensure I was safe. Now I don't have to worry and haven't for a whole year.

Allan

I just wish that Blesta had a way to import from WHM, I think that is a deal breaker for alot of people.

Licensecart

Quote from: "Allan, post: 1462, member: 1"I just wish that Blesta had a way to import from WHM, I think that is a deal breaker for alot of people.

There is mate and 3.3.1 is more powerful. settings > plugins > import manager > whmcs

Allan

Oh sorry not the software Whmcs but WHM with cpanel. I know you said there was a work around but sometimes it's easier to just click import. I have to be honest that was something that every software came with, even thehostingtool and boxbilling you can import cpanel. The other thing was the not being to remove the Tax ID number from the registration page, not sure why that is even there, I would never give a host my tax ID.

meetdilip

Never had experience with Blesta. So I may choose WHMCS. Is Blesta free ?

Allan

No Blesta is about $300 USD, but you can buy it from LicenseCart for $170.

Sam

I briefly had experience with Blesta a while back. From what I can see it's improved tremendously. However I shall stick with WHMCS and BillingServ for now. Blesta is too close to WHMCS in terms of features/ other benefits for it to be worth switching.
[align=left]holderhost.com:frantic:
USA Cloud SSD cPanel Hosting • Affordable. Reliable. Fast.
Shared • Reseller • VPS Solutions
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Allan

Quote from: "Sam, post: 1694, member: 5"I briefly had experience with Blesta a while back. From what I can see it's improved tremendously. However I shall stick with WHMCS and BillingServ for now. Blesta is too close to WHMCS in terms of features/ other benefits for it to be worth switching.

I have been thinking about moving from BoxBilling to Billingserv, just waiting for [USER=108]@Jordan Smith[/USER] took hook me up :bounce:

Sam

Quote from: "Allan, post: 1695, member: 1"I have been thinking about moving from BoxBilling to Billingserv, just waiting for [USER=108]@Jordan Smith[/USER] took hook me up :bounce:

I would absolutely make the switch!! BoxBilling's development has completely stalled whereas BillingServ's constantly releasing new versions. Jordan just let me know the other day that  BillingServ V1.1.0 is near release with a much needed payment option added (imo). ;)
[align=left]holderhost.com:frantic:
USA Cloud SSD cPanel Hosting • Affordable. Reliable. Fast.
Shared • Reseller • VPS Solutions
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Jordan Smith

Thanks for the great feedback guys :)

[USER=1]@Allan[/USER] I shall see what I can do!

[USER=5]@Sam[/USER] we thought that too, so its being released very shortly.
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

David Smith

WHMCS has a more modern and customizable interface and offers more third-party integrations, but is more expensive. Blesta is more affordable, has a traditional interface, and is a good option for smaller hosting companies or resellers. Ultimately, the choice depends on your specific needs and budget.