Cpanel

Started by Allan, July 25, 2014, 10:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Has Cpanel set the standard so high that it's anyone wants to use?

I know I have been using it for a very long time, it's very user friendly and easy to learn.

Jordan Smith

I have used cPanel for a long time, I know it like the back of my hand, but there are some things I would like to change, like the front end web server, I would like ngnix supported fully so you can choose which engine you would like to run apache or ngnix, but thats just me.
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Allan

I wish it would support Nginx as well, who knows maybe soon they will add that since Nginx is now becoming huge and it's not just a fad.

Alex - Arvixe

cPanel is the most widely used hosting control panel on Linux and with most hosting providers using it, customers are looking for it. It makes things such as migrations very easy and is actively developed. I think cPanel will maintain it's leading position for a while to come.

Quote from: "Jordan Smith, post: 1026, member: 108"I have used cPanel for a long time, I know it like the back of my hand, but there are some things I would like to change, like the front end web server, I would like ngnix supported fully so you can choose which engine you would like to run apache or ngnix, but thats just me.

Quote from: "Allan, post: 1030, member: 1"I wish it would support Nginx as well, who knows maybe soon they will add that since Nginx is now becoming huge and it's not just a fad.
You can support this suggestion here: http://features.cpanel.net/responses/as-a-server-administrator-i-want-standalone-nginx-supported-as-an-alternative-to-apache-so-that-i-can-offer-faster-speed-and-lower-load-on-smallers-servers

Jordan Smith

Thanks Alex - Arvixe, I have now voted on that link. Thats the only thing that holds be back from using cPanel, I would use it so much more if it came packaged with ngnix.
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Alex - Arvixe

Quote from: "Jordan Smith, post: 1044, member: 108"Thanks Alex - Arvixe, I have now voted on that link. Thats the only thing that holds be back from using cPanel, I would use it so much more if it came packaged with ngnix.
What other control panel do you use?

Jordan Smith

With regards to our main SaaS platform we don't use a control panel, just CentOS and Ngnix. Even our backend servers don't use a control panel. But our SaaS platform has different servers so MySQL, Web Server, Email and so on.

Thats another thing I would like cPanel to be able to do is to be able to split services onto different servers. Like MySQL, Web and Email.

Allan

Thanks Alex for the link to the mod, something I have bookmarked.