$1000 Amazon Gift Card is a scam.

Started by spidy, January 26, 2018, 06:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spidy

https://sensorstechforum.com/1000-amazon-gift-card-scam-get-rid/

$1000 Amazon Gift Card is a scam that mimics the original Gift Card provided by Amazon.com, Inc. in attempt to steal your credentials. The scam may also steal your Amazon login information and hijack your account. It appears that there are many variants of the scam that pop up across the Internet. One of the latest is an adware that keeps showing pop-ups with the message $1000 Amazon Gift Card is reserved for you. How to differentiate the scams from the real thing and avoid being scammed

Allan

Shit, I was waiting for mine in the mail :banghead:

spidy

Quote from: "Allan, post: 4182, member: 1"Shit, I was waiting for mine in the mail :banghead:
:eek-39:

JeremyRoss

I got this scam yesterday. Unfortunately, I have already entered by email address, my phone number and other details that are considered as personal. What is going to happen for me, what do you think? This source is telling me that they can try mining crypto on my computer. Does it make sense?

spidy

Yes there are a lot of people trying to use other computers to mine crypto currency's for them selves. One result is that this can make your PC run hot and fry things inside. Please do everything you can to remove any such malware. A good free AV program is Sophos.

JeremyRoss

Thank you for your reply. In fact, I have been suffering from constant freezes on my computer, will try to get rid of them somehow!

spidy

Thank you for your reply.
Constant freezes could be a result of malware.  Please do run some antivirus programs. If all else fails you can do a new re-install.
A pain I know but it would be most wise to get rid of any malware.

It could be a good idea to change your password as well now and after removing any nasty bits.

elhaxi

I bumped into similar kind of amazon scam showing popups and forcing to click links and upon searching thankfully found these steps to remove amazon assistant virus. Now the scamming script is gone form my system....i request members to avoid downloading from the unknown sources to escape such events.