Blesta - Billing Software

Started by Allan, November 13, 2016, 03:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

I was wondering if anyone could let me know how the software is. I have been looking at the demo and features and really liking it. Some of the features are great like importing clients from WHMCS and the multi-company.

Allan

Just wanted to post that Blesta 4.0 is available. I haven't had a chance to check it out but [USER=166]@Paul Phillips[/USER] and his team has done a great job.

https://www.blesta.com/blog/

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Indeed even with 4.2.1 it's looking good. Just add a free plugin for email history and it getting closer to the "baseline" of WHMCS every day. In some respects I even see it better than WHMCS counterparts. :)

Allan

I have a license maybe I will look into the new changes.

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Quote from: "Allan, post: 4114, member: 1"I have a license maybe I will look into the new changes.

Can't hurt to see how it changed, though I will admit it still lacking 100% automation for things like optional things (extra disk space, bandwidth, etc) and more importantly a proper domain system.  

But with them saying they will eventually do those I can't see why not to keep my cost effective licensing. Even for things like Clientexec it costs nearly double to have. :(

Allan

The only I didn't like was how you had to do a work around to manually mark a client paid. I hope that was fixed.

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Quote from: "Allan, post: 4116, member: 1"The only I didn't like was how you had to do a work around to manually mark a client paid. I hope that was fixed.

Now though by default it will automatically mark and provision any paid automated services every 5 minutes. So in that regard there is zero manual invention required. :)

Allan

I have a couple clients that mail me a check so I have to mark them manually.

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Quote from: "Allan, post: 4118, member: 1"I have a couple clients that mail me a check so I have to mark them manually.

Of course, but that the disadvantage of "offline" payments. But hey your not paying the usual transaction fees as long as your bank cash them free for being their customer. :)

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Quote from: "HumaneHosting, post: 4115, member: 1714"Can't hurt to see how it changed, though I will admit it still lacking 100% automation for things like optional things (extra disk space, bandwidth, etc) and more importantly a proper domain system.

But with them saying they will eventually do those I can't see why not to keep my cost effective licensing. Even for things like Clientexec it costs nearly double to have. :(

I am here to make a correction to my allegation regarding the Domain feature. Now that I have a relationship with a supplier who help me realize this.  

The real reasoning the domain system needs a reworking is because it either doesn't support all domains (the supplier had to custom add the .xyz for me) and the fact that there is no mainstream ordering process to add both items to your cart in one flow. So if you wanted hosting and a domain you would has to place two orders...

But other than that it production ready (as being fully automated process), as you can see in this link of my as reference  https://www.humanehosting.com/order/config/preconfig/domains .

Allan

Now that you bring that up it sounds familiar to me. Thank you for stopping back and making the correction. :thumbsup:

NoviceSupportiveHosting

Quote from: "Allan, post: 4147, member: 1"Now that you bring that up it sounds familiar to me. Thank you for stopping back and making the correction. :thumbsup:

You are always welcomed, I always want to ensure everyone is able to understand and have the correct information as possible. :)