so Xenforo 1.4 is out

Started by Allan, September 15, 2014, 09:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

I know many of you know this already but Xenforo released a stable version of 1.4 the other day. I will not be upgraded anytime soon though. I have to make sure that all addons work especially the directory before doing so. Just wanted to let you all know what has been going one.

meetdilip

Allan

That is going to be a long wait :coffee:

Jordan Smith

What is Xenforo admin like? And is Xenforo any good! I am looking for a forum software for our website.
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Allan

Admin panel is nice and very user friendly. Xenforo is good and very easy to customize.

meetdilip

If your budget allows, Xenforo is one of the best at the moment.

Allan

Received confirmation that the addon I was worried about does work with 1.4. That being said I will do the update soon.

meetdilip

Quote from: "Allan, post: 1252, member: 1"Received confirmation that the addon I was worried about does work with 1.4. That being said I will do the update soon.

Which one is that ?

Allan

The directory addon, which is a large part of the forum.

Allan

Well that didn't take long at all, and I think everything is working.

If you find something not working please let me know.

meetdilip

Jordan

Everything seems to be working fine.

That seems to be the biggest issues with forums upgrading is it may break several addons. My forum has over 50 addons installed and it is a hassle updating them all the time :'(

Good to see the upgrade went smoothly!
[align=center]WebGuruBB - Webmaster Chat Forums | Leading webmasters to online greatness!
[/align]

Allan

Only  running a couple here so it wasn't that bad, I feel for you though. That had to be horrible.