Bored? StumbleUpon shows you new websites!

Started by rn-bryan, December 10, 2014, 11:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rn-bryan

(disclaimer: I am not affiliated with stumbleupon.com in any way other than being a satisfied user.)

So, If you are sitting there thinking "what should or could I do next to abate the boredom" then I have a suggestion for you!

StumbleUpon.com is a browser add on that's been around for many years that you click the "stumble" button and suddenly you're shown a new random website from stumbleupon's archive of user submitted content, Millions of websites. There is a "thumbs up" button and a "thumbs down" button that you can rate each website you pass by, but I usually just keep clicking stumble until something super duper awesome pops up that I can then thumbs up.

I've seen some fantastic sites in the late night hours long stumbles I've taken. I've submitted some sites, and signed up for others that I stumbled upon. You can select interest categories of topics of web sites that you would prefer to see. I have a lot of sci fi and fantasy and web hosting related stuff checked as my interests. Stumbleupon also works as a bookmark system, storing and displaying to you later everything you've thumbsup'd or thumbs down'd.

Once you start using it, if you do, which I think you will greatly enjoy it if you do anything on the internet, I highly greatly suggest that you give Host-Hunters.com a "thumbs up" as it will help drive more traffic here. I hit "Thumbs Up" on Host-Hunters.com! (disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Host-Hunters.com in any way other than being a satisfied user.)

Hopefully much of that traffic from StumbleUpon signs up and participates in the forums here!

Anyways, I hope you like one of the things I use to kill boredom and discover new sites with!

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

Allan

Thank you [USER=152]@rn-bryan[/USER] I will makes sure I give it a :thumbsup: