VestaCP

Started by Allan, January 12, 2014, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

The name I agree with, but don't let that stop you from trying it though, it works really well.

Allan

Just installed this on another vps and I have to say it is so easy to get a site up and running.

Jordan Smith

We use it for one of our dev servers it works great. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a free control panel.
BillingServ.com - Online Billing Platform
Sell cPanel Hosting | Plesk Hosting | Domain Names | SSL Certs
BillingServ is a complete online ordering and invoicing service making transactions and sales simple.

Mayers

I love VestaCP! I have one VPS that has 10 sites running on it. Never downtime with it at all. This control panel is one that I offer to customers who need something but don't have the money for cPanel. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about it :D.

My understanding is they plan to release a commercial version of it too at some point. Not sure what the ETA is on that though. Depending on the price of it and extras are added I'd give the paid version a shot.
High Quality Web Hosting from HostKoi Web Services
Shared - Cloud - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Managed VPS
Visit us today at www.hostkoi.com

Allan

[USER=48]@Mayers[/USER]  the one thing I like the most about it is that it is so easy to get a domain running on it. Just a couple little clicks and you are done.

rn-bryan

I use VestaCP on one of my machines here at the house for various things. Pretty good control panel, I recommend it to people who have a vps or dedicated and want some basic control panel options "like cpanel" without the cost of cPanel.

VestaCP is pretty solid but I hear there is a security issue with giving users the backup option.

Also, I use WinSCP's internal editor most of the time to edit files over sftp/ftp/etc.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

Mayers

Quote from: "Allan, post: 1812, member: 1"[USER=48]@Mayers[/USER]  the one thing I like the most about it is that it is so easy to get a domain running on it. Just a couple little clicks and you are done.

Yes very true. I love the fact that everything is where you expect it to be. If Softaculous could be integrated with it I think it would take over the free control panel market for sure.
High Quality Web Hosting from HostKoi Web Services
Shared - Cloud - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Managed VPS
Visit us today at www.hostkoi.com

Allan

If they could get Softaculous working with vestacp that would be awesome I agree.

meetdilip