WordPress or Bootstrap

Started by Allan, August 29, 2015, 06:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Which do you prefer to use on sites? Both have advantages and disadvantages to them.

meetdilip

WordPress is easy. There are many Bootstrap based WordPress themes as well.

Allan

I have been looking into them as well as the actual bootstrap templates.

Sam

Wordpress. You can use theme builders (which are under $100) which makes the whole process of creating something relatively unique rather straight forward. Considering I'm not a designer, this is excellent. =) Wordpress also has addons like Super Cache which are very useful (e.g. Super Cache can allow you to add a CDN to make your site load faster).
[align=left]holderhost.com:frantic:
USA Cloud SSD cPanel Hosting • Affordable. Reliable. Fast.
Shared • Reseller • VPS Solutions
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Allan

I was thinking wordpress as well mainly for the addons and SEO.

cwvps

I've never even considered BootStrap. I prefer WordPress definitely, mainly because of SEO.
Get A Cheap Windows VPS/RDP at CheapWindowsVPS

Dewlance

I use twitter and posting anything on twitter takes time so I don't like bootstrap and never use it and never want to use it in future.

Simple wordpress is nice for me.
Purchase Cheap Windows VPS from Dewlance.com & Yearly Hosting in CA/US/UK

Allan

I was thinking the same thing. WordPress it's easy to use and good seo.

WHE Tom

There are some great 'bootstrap frameworks' for lack of a better word for a WordPress theme. Ill try and find the link and post it here. Essentially it loads all the elements into a set of base files and allows you to edit them and essentially create your own theme of the core bootstrap framework. I know a few of my clients have used it and really got to like how it works.
Web Host Exchange - SSD Powered Web Hosting
Free SSL with all hosting services
5GB SSD Disk Space - 10GB Bandwidth £3/month
Beginner friendly Hosting (Free 24/7/365 Support & Help)
3 Websites for just £3/month
Free domains available
Bespoke Web Design
100% Money back guarantee

David Smith

WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that allows you to create and manage websites, blogs, and online stores. It's a powerful tool that provides a lot of flexibility and customization options, but it does require some technical knowledge to set up and maintain.

Bootstrap, on the other hand, is a front-end framework that helps you build responsive and mobile-first websites quickly and easily. It provides a set of pre-designed HTML, CSS, and JavaScript components that you can use to create a modern, responsive design for your site.