Hosting will get cheaper ?

Started by meetdilip, June 03, 2015, 03:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meetdilip

Do you think hosting tariff are going to decline in near future ?

Travels

They are on the lowest level at the moment. I think they will not

Allan

I tend to agree with [USER=184]@Travels[/USER] , hosting is the lowest I have ever seen. Most hosting services are waiting for it to go up.

Calvin Christopher

Hosting is already at their minimum with shared hosting prices with only a few pennies. Cheaper than that will get free hosting for you.

Allan

I am actually hoping that the industry sees a rise in pricing, right now it's hard to make a profit on only shared plans because they are so cheap.

Liam

Hosting would definitely get cheaper. The prices of hardware right now compared to a few years ago are really worth the money you spend for it. Right now I'm on DigitalOcean. For the money I pay them for the servers I have I would have only bought a small shared hosting plan if I were to buy hosting a few years back. It's getting cheaper and cheaper that there's literally no reason not to have a website anymore.

WHE Tom

If they go any lower, people who run their own hardware will find it very hard to survive
Web Host Exchange - SSD Powered Web Hosting
Free SSL with all hosting services
5GB SSD Disk Space - 10GB Bandwidth £3/month
Beginner friendly Hosting (Free 24/7/365 Support & Help)
3 Websites for just £3/month
Free domains available
Bespoke Web Design
100% Money back guarantee

spidy

If the costs go too low the customers may suffer as the hosts may not be able to afford to invest in newer or better equipment.

A business needs to make a reasonable amount of profit to remain viable.

rn-bryan

With the recent, and upcoming, wage increases, in the USA, I am sure we are going to see a trend away from the ultra low cost unlimited hosting providers.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

Allan

I was thinking the same thing, just don't know how long that will take.

spidy

I think rn-bryan could be correct. Any business to be able to survive needs a reasonable cash flow and if some hosts do not run with a sensible margin they will fold.

RadWebHosting

One way to acquire cheaper hosting, as a consumer, is to organize a group of your peers who all use hosting services, and purchase a reseller hosting account, rather than multiple shared hosting accounts. This would allow you to minimize your total and average cost for hosting plans.
RAD WEB HOSTING - CloudLinux cPanel Hosting - Domains Reseller
Clearance Dedicated Servers - 24/7 Technical Support - Master Reseller Hosting
500Gbps DDoS Protection
- Premium Hardware & Network - KVM VPS Servers

spidy

That is a good idea if you have contact with others who would join in.

rn-bryan

A group of friends purchasing a reseller account together would have to run the gambit of the one holding the master password doing nefarious things or if they share the master password...

It's happened in the past... to even large companies, registerfly as an example where the owner of the company ran off with everyone's domains...

I suppose anything is a risk when you put the data in a spot other than in your own home.

:)

Just have to trust your friends I suppose.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

jacobwallace

Quote from: "Allan, post: 1928, member: 1"I am actually hoping that the industry sees a rise in pricing, right now it's hard to make a profit on only shared plans because they are so cheap.

yes you are right Allan, i agree with  its very hard to  make profit.