Does Design Matter?

Started by Allan, November 28, 2015, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

When you are looking at sites for hosting or something else does the design really matter to you?

SenseiSteve

Quote from: "Allan, post: 2355, member: 1"When you are looking at sites for hosting or something else does the design really matter to you?
The design does matter. If the navigation is poor, or the color contrast is horrible, these would raise red flags for me. More important is the quality of the content, because more often than not, this reflects attention to detail. If you don't have that here, then I don't see you having it on the infrastructure behind your site.
ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Location: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 on Site Engineers

Allan

The colors to me makes me stay on a site or leave. I don't like when people use colors that are hard to read and contrast themselves bad, like green on black.

rn-bryan

The design does matter to me. I've seen some really horrible websites for reseller accounts that were very hard on the eyes, Think like yellow on darker yellow for the whole site, etc. Another thing is when the menu system doesn't work right, You hover and go to move your mouse and the menu vanishes cause you didn't hover precisely right. Etc sort of issues that can cause frustration for users.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

spidy

I think that any site should be easy to navigate AND read.  
Not everyone has a brand new super monitor and the site needs to be easily read by everyone.

rn-bryan

And with the not having a huge fancy monitor and still on a tiny crt, not everyone has a monitor in the first place. More and more users are using the internet only from their phones and tablets. Especially in countries and areas where the infrastructure for landlines like cable internet isn't up yet, or the housing doesn't support a full huge desktop for one reason or another, but everyone has a mobile phone.

We also have to think about the size of the site itself. I know many people in rural areas in the USA that are still connecting to the internet with a 56K modem with a full desktop.

That large photo and java and etc heavy page is going to annoy those slow internet and mobile phone users, especially if they also have monthly data limits.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

Allan

I think this is where you need a site to be responsive so it can keep up with the times.

rad-jason

The design definitely matters to me. Like others have stated, navigation is super important and so is ease of use. I prefer to used sites that have a professional feel about them.
Rad Web Hosting - cPanel Shared Hosting - 24/7 Dallas-based Support Team
Custom Dedicated Servers - High-Availability Cloud - KVM VPS Servers
DDoS Protected Network
- Domains Reseller - Master Reseller and WHMCS

elhaxi

The look and feel of the site matters a lot, this improves stay time and especially if your designs are not responsive people no matter how good information you have people leave your site if it doesn't appeal

Rjam

Yes, Nowadays Design is very important things for every websites according to current scenario.

Lammchen

If you want to use a host, they should at least look professional in design. I think today that practically any site that wants my business should look crisp, clean and put together.