What OS do you like the best?

Started by Allan, March 27, 2016, 09:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

There are a few out there to choose from but I prefer Centos and Ubuntu.

spidy

Ubuntu version 10.4 is very good to work with.

Mac is a very good OS.

Windows has let too many people down in the past to be considered still a leader.

rn-bryan

I use mostly Debian on my linux machines at the house, CentOS on the hosting stuff, Mixture of Windows 10 and 7 on the gaming desktops and laptops scattered around the house.

MesaHost.com - Shared cPanel Website Hosting with Dedicated Storage Space.
ChaosVoid.com - Get a Free Website. Get YourDomain.ChaosVoid.com today!

SenseiSteve

At home, Windows 10 and on Linux servers, CentOS.
ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Location: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 on Site Engineers

unixguru

For hosting, I like CloudLinux, as it gives you some invaluable commands lite "lvetop" which shows the resource the top users are usimg. dbtop, does the same for database users.
Being able to control the maximum resources end users and even resellers can use is great, whilst each user is in their own filesystem, unable to see touch or change other peoples data is great!

For VPS nodes and docker nodes I prefer RedHat/CentOS

For my desktop I like MintLinux with cinemmon desktop for ease of use and to keep my hand in on the debian/ubuntu side.
??  DDoS Protected,  LiteSpeed + LiteMage on CloudLinux with SSD Disks, R1Soft, Softaculous, SIteBuilder, BitNinja, LetsEncypt & Patchman
?? UnixGuru: Accounts with 1-16 CPU Cores, 2-32GB RAM. Why use a VPS?
?? Choose from Shared,  Reseller and Elastic-Sites Hosting

David Smith

I generally prefer LINUX for its stability and lower resource usage, but put up with Windows on my gaming machine due to lack of choice (most games do NOT support LINUX, and WINE isn't a good answer for a lot of games despite the project's efforts to improve their support).