Warning about Webhostinghub.

Started by spidy, November 25, 2015, 07:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spidy

After reading some good reviews (How many are posted by them?) we decided to go with Web hosting hub. We found their support staff to be good but limited in what they could do.

They then received an INVALID and fraudulent DMCA take down request which they had been notified of in advance instead of just removing the image and contacting us they totally suspended our account without any warning and would not even allow us to remove the content.

Even when we offered decisive proof that the request was invalid their unethical and unprofessional legal department acted totally wrong and refused to activate us again.
Now despite any or all good things one may read about this unbelievably bad hosting group and their incredibly incompetent legal department it is of no use when your website is suspended and they will not act in accordance with their many boasts about how " the customer comes first"
This seems to me to be false and misleading advertising from this very bad hosting organization.

If anyone is thinking of going with them I suggest you look elsewhere if being up and running is of any importance to you.

Allan

Thank you Spidy for letting us know, and sorry this happened to you.

SenseiSteve

Quote from: "spidy, post: 2345, member: 268"They then received an INVALID and fraudulent DMCA take down request which they had been notified of in advance
I didn't quite understand the part "which they had been notified of in advance." If you don't mind, please clarify.
ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Location: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 on Site Engineers

spidy

Sorry about not being clear. We had warned webhostinghub that a known scammer and deported sex pervert who we had exposed was lodging invalid and fraudulent DMCA take down requests as he had tried it before.

As it turned out he lodged an invalid claim and committed Perjury to do it,  he gave a fake address, the copyright image was taken in 2009 so was outside the statutes of limitations so his claim was invalid.

We had been given permission to use it by the copyright owner  IE the photographer,  so again he lied saying he has copyright.

It is well  established that in most cases the copyright belongs to the Photographer NOT the subject.

A simple due diligence check by the legal team would have established this.  (surely part of his job I would have thought) or even if we had been asked,  we could have easily shown the claim to be invalid.

SenseiSteve

Thank you for the explanation, spidy.
ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Location: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 on Site Engineers